
I am copying this from Cynthia, who copied it from someone else. It's a fun game. 16 random facts about myself that most people do not know...
1. I'm a coffee fiend. This is one fact I'm sure everyone who knows me knows about me. But, it's an integral part of who I am. I'm lost without the bitter, hot stuff! The thing I love about life is that no matter where you go (except Maryville, Mo), there is always a Starbucks nearby! I'll admit it, I'm addicted.
2. I like school. I have always liked school. I loved gradeschool, middle school and the subject matter of high school. I didn't like the atmosphere or the idea of going to high school, but I have always loved learning. I always will! I get a high from purchasing a new textbook...as nerdy as that sounds. Probably why I'm going to be a teacher, huh?
3. I'm terrified of burning to death. As a child I had nightmares that our house would catch on fire and I would be stuck in it. The idea of waking up in the middle of the night to flames and smoke scared me silly. I still have this fear. Maybe that's why I'm anal about unplugging things...
4. Yellow roses and daisies are my favorite flowers
5. Ethnic food is my favorite. Whether it's Japanese sushi, Italian eggplant parmigiana or Greek gyros, I love it all. It's my sheltered way of being adventurous, I suppose.
6. Favorite hang-out: your friendly local bookshelf. Be it Borders, Barnes & Noble, or just some hole in the wall, I am all about perusing book stores. It literally gives me a high I cannot describe. I hunger for knowledge and this must be why I feel so excited in a place where the knowledge dwells. Numerous subjects interest me when it comes to non-fiction and there's nothing better than a fiction novel on a rainy day (or when my bf is watching sports) ! :)
7. I like rainy days. I don't know why I'm drawn to the melancholy but I just crave it sometimes.
8. Sylvia Plath is my favorite poet - of ALL time. If you've not read Sylvia, you need to. Her poetry is so deeply moving. She uses her pain to create the most beautiful writing. She organized words in a way no one can.
9. I've pledged to, in my life, become a connoisseur of fine cheese and wine. Also, SHOES. I know it's odd to lump these obsessions into one category but, I shall.
10. I'm great a killing time. I've only had two desk jobs but I can confidently say that I am great at looking busy. Is this a quality? ehhh... it's just a fact.
11. As much as I boast loathing Corporate America, I had some great times at KCP&L. If I could go back...... maybe I would. Not for life by any means, but it was entertaining!
12. I'm a candle fiend. It's true. I fiend them. Maybe it's because I'm a romantic at heart, I don't know! But I love them. Mainly the expensive ones...
13. I can't wait to be a mother. I look forward to other dreams and aspirations but more than anything else, I look forward to motherhood. I feel like I was made to be a mother.
14. I don't like cereal. I'm probably the only one on earth.
15. I am horrible at math. This is no secret to those who know me.
16. Family is the most important thing to me.
p.s. Sometimes, all you need to make your day is a compliment. I just a compliment from a club member. It's given me a little more faith in our membership. For the next hour... :)

2 comments:
I'd like to ammend 14. I like Cap'n Crunch
I love Cap'n Crunch too! They don't have it here. :( Oh I see you next week! next week! I need to buy a calling card today and call you! I loved your list! We can do as many of our favorite thins when we're together...bookstores, starbucks, maybe it will rain? We can buy some yellow daisies, read Plath, light candles but be sure to blow them out before bed,have wine and cheese at dinner while wearing amazing shoes a la sex in the city, the only math we'll do is to figure out how much alochol is in that drink and finally, steal a cute kid to play house with. :) see you soon!
Post a Comment