Tuesday, January 6, 2009

ordinary day










I had to go to the Clay County health department today in order to get a photo i.d. for my food handler's permit. This is serious stuff. Back in the day, only management employees were required to have these credentials. Apparently now, everyone does. I'm sure this is a good move. Many of our employees were completly and disgustingly ignorant when it came to food safety! Anyway, it was more difficult finding this building than it was getting my photo i.d. My supervisor had already faxed my certificate... I did have to pay $10.00 though which is a bit ridiculous. Oh well. I have to say that while many government agencies are horrible places to be, the health department (of all places!) is pretty stream-lined and conveient. I know, what am I saying, right? But, other than a few shots, I've never needed to wait long around that office. It pleases me; that's my tax dollars at work! It's gratifying to see this sort of efficiency...




The office has been pretty busy this week so far. It's like these women were waiting for the past two weeks to call and order merchandise, complain about Doll News, etc. They just couldn't wait until we came back to tend to their every need. Rachel and I are trying to do a photo contest for our junior members. We have a Junior Membership Chairman but they don't do anything at all... so we thought we would provide the girls with something fun. Apparently though, we have to run this thing by this Junior Membership character first. This really frustrates me!!!! She's not doing her job, she reports to US, so why can't we send out a mailing. GRRRR. I like being busy because it makes the days fly by. I also took down the Christmas decorations which is what I need to do at home tonight.




It's been a rather lame day. I wanted to get up and go to the gym at 5:00 but I was awake between 1:00 and 4:00 and so it just didn't happen. I'm a bit anxious about starting another job I suppose. Excited though, because it's going to help me reach my end goal - moving! The more money I can save, the better it will be!




I'm anxious for next weekend when my long lost BFF returns to the States from Spain for a visit! It will be too short, but I know we will make the most of it and have a blast. I adore her, and cannot wait for the reunion!




I also hope to meet my old supervisor from KCP&L for lunch soon! I haven't seen Jamie in over a year. She was a great mentor and we had so much "fun" together planning the Harvester's Food Drive for the company.




I'm a bit nostalgic today... thinking about different phases of my past. The good ones, that is. I think the past year I focused a lot on the negative, so it's time to focus on the positives and work on creating great, new memories. I'm so thankful for everything in my life!!




I leave you with this: Romans 5:3-4 -We also have joy with our troubles, because we know that these troubles produce patience.4 And patience produces character, and character produces hope

No comments: