Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama-Rama

Thank you, American media, for coming up with a catch-phrase we can all enjoy for the next week and a half... We are making history today. I think that it is going to be important to move forward from this day as far as race-relations go. America elected a black president (or a half black president) and that is wonderful progress. To me, this means tomorrow we move forward. We cannot change the past but we can change the future and continue to move forward and away from our prejudices. Hopefully, Obama will help us to do that.

There's a feeling of excitement in the air today. At least there was at Starbucks. The Inauguration coverage was already on and patriotic coffee sleeves were in order. I know I'm not too old, and there aren't many inaugurations I recall but I know I've never seen or felt excitement like this on Inauguration Day. Obama's got a lot of "promises" to live up to, and we all know he can't do it all. He is human after all. I do believe he will try his best to improve the situation. His approval ratings are 107% today... we'll see how he fares after a few months. If anything, he will strengthen our reputation with the rest of the world. And, thank goodness for that.


In honor of Barack, I'm listening to my "black" music today... And, I'll be watching the inauguration ceremony. I don't need to glue myself to the all-day coverage. It would be awesome to actually be present for the ceremony. We are making history here... and it's about time. And let's be honest, whether conservative or liberal, we will all sleep better knowing Hillary Clinton's not becoming our 44th president!

1 comment:

Brian Koenig said...

Nice blog. I concur, it was a very historical moment in America's history. I enjoy your intellect and insight my lover.