Pastor Jeff approached me about planning a walk-a-thon for Speed the Light this Spring. I'm excited about this opportunity. STL is a student-initiated movement to aid missionaries throughout the world, in over 280 countries. The funds go to provide transportation and technology for working missionaries. It's a cause that is near and dear to my heart. I give money, but donating time and effort into a project like this will be much more rewarding than writing a check.I love event-planning. That's kind of why I wish I worked at a Non-Profit with a heart. Anyway, being involved with CORE has allowed me to do some event-planning and I'd like to organize a few more happenings before I move permanently. I'm hoping to get some sponsorship from local vendors and make a day of it. I drafted up an outline and a donor letter this morning already! I'M SO MOTIVATED TO SEE THIS HAPPEN!
I love volunteering!!! I want to instill this in the students too!

No comments:
Post a Comment