Below is an e-mail I received from our neighbors next door at work. I'm all for patriotism; and I'm all about supporting our troops 100%. But, I feel his tone was completly inappropriate and down-right rude. He makes us out to be heathens!!!To Whom It May Concern:
I know things get real busy in life and business, and I work next door at Haldex brake corp. I just wanted to ask if you have noticed your American Flag on display in front of your business.
I am a veteran, a U.S. MARINE, and when I come in to work and see your SHREDDED American flag on display I just wanted to let you know in case you just haven’t noticed.
Any Boy Scout Troop when given the old flag you replace with a new one, have a ceremony (Retiring the Colors) and will make sure it is properly disposed of!
Sure don’t mean to offend anyone, it just I have seen American flags in better shape in Beirut.
I have changed the one here at Haldex a few times!! Our American Flag was always the back bone of the Marine Corp, I WILL PROUDLY GIVE MY LIFE TO DEFEND IT!!
Your friend and neighbor!
Gary Park
I know things get real busy in life and business, and I work next door at Haldex brake corp. I just wanted to ask if you have noticed your American Flag on display in front of your business.
I am a veteran, a U.S. MARINE, and when I come in to work and see your SHREDDED American flag on display I just wanted to let you know in case you just haven’t noticed.
Any Boy Scout Troop when given the old flag you replace with a new one, have a ceremony (Retiring the Colors) and will make sure it is properly disposed of!
Sure don’t mean to offend anyone, it just I have seen American flags in better shape in Beirut.
I have changed the one here at Haldex a few times!! Our American Flag was always the back bone of the Marine Corp, I WILL PROUDLY GIVE MY LIFE TO DEFEND IT!!
Your friend and neighbor!
Gary Park
1. We have tried on more than one occasion to change out flag because we know it's in dire need of changing. 2. We are women with lack of the strength neccessary (because the last male who helped us change the damn flag tightened the rope beyond loosening). 3. We employed the assistance of another male neighbor and they had no success w/ the rope either. 4. We have the utmost respect for Veterans.... MAN!
I guess there's apparently no excuse to fly a mangled flag, even if said flag is stuck on the pole. I was offended by the tone. There's something to the tone in e-mail controversy. I don't know this man, and if he wants us to be "friends" and "neighbors" in the future, he needs to take a nicer tone when correcting us.

No comments:
Post a Comment