I cannot believe how many stories I've heard lately of embezzlement, greed and just plain lack of ethics in America. What is it that drives us towards this greed; this need for money is seemingly never fulfilled. I don't even have to mention AIG's corruption. And now the government's trying to get involved, as if they can somehow convince these people to do the right thing when they enabled it partially. I just do not understand any of it. I just read a news story about a couple that embezzled something like $2million... What the hec? Money is not the answer to our unhappiness, our restlessness, our identity crisis, our rebellious children, our violence, our low test-scores.............
I think money is the root of all evil. I don't know who said this, but I agree with them. I would much rather have love and friendship in my life than loads of money and "stuff". I never want to feel as if I don't have enough money to survive, but it's definitely not something I want a ton of. It's hard for me to understand this fascination...... with a currency. We're surrounded daily by hundreds of people we can interact with, form relationships with and learn from, why in the world would money be so important? I'm much more of a relationship kind of person.
Wall Street drives our world, and our emotions too. Can we re-focus a little people? Because this addiction doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere positive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment