Tuesday, September 1, 2009

7

I thought I'd get up at 7 this morning. I'd forgotten what it looked and felt like. It was early. It was crowded and cold. I have 1 hoodie here at the moment and nights in the 50's and early mornings are hard to handle without proper attire. I cannot believe how MANY of these college kids get up for breakfast. All these people, so EARLY in the morning. It was horrifying. The food tasted good at the moment. I instantly regretted it, however.

I spent the rest of the morning in bed (and elsewhere) trying to recover from breakfast. I thought breakfast was the most important meal of the day?? It seems the meal to avoid around here. Honestly though all the food around here is yucky. Good thing I won't have to endure four years around this joint. That would probably induce some sort of chronic intestinal illness.


It's another gorgeous day. A gorgeous day for a TB test! YES! Ha.. It's a requirement from the school district I will be working in this semester. They are going to stick this NEEDLE into my skin and INSERT medicine. If this particular area of skin happens to react - well then I think it's a bad thing. I wonder if they'll let me do the practicum still??


I wonder if the swine flu's going to come back in full force? I'm not worried but maybe I should get a vaccination? Does a vaccination currently exist? I should check into this. Or ask Anderson Cooper. I'm sure he would know.


I am teaching my first lesson tonight to my student in my Analysis and Correction of Reading Dissibilities Practicum. I'm terribly frightened that the plan I've come up with is entirely too low for the grade-level. I hope this student is not offended at my ignorance. How nerve-wrecking! I'm sure it'll go well. I obtained a wonderful quote which has helped with all the anxiety I was having with all this EDU stuff - "If you want to feel secure, do what you already know how to do. If you want to be a true professional and continue to grow, go to the cutting edge of your competance, which means a temporary loss of security. So whenever you don't know quite what you are doing, know you are growing" - Madeline Hunter. I think that's absolutely wonderful. I will apply it to all areas of my life!!


Well... love to all.

2 comments:

Life Through Blue Eyes said...

Love the quote and so sorry about the food! ugh! breakfast has been making my tummy do cartwheels latley too..Joan says it's because I'm getting old...hmmm. haha

I havent had a TB test and I dont have to but I want to do it. I need to get updated on my shots! eek!

Let me know how it went!!!

Hrf said...

or maybe you're pregnant? ;0)