Wednesday, April 8, 2009

mid-week musings

It has been hard to get back into the swing of work and other such responsibilities this week since my long weekend was so incredible. Did a lot of fun things with the boy... adventures and whatnot. I am so blessed to have someone to share life experiences with!

I am currently reading (and almost done with) The Alchemist. It's a novel written by Paulo Coelho. It's become considered a classic over the years, and I've been interested in reading it for awhile. It was translated from Portuguese, which is interesting. According to Wikipedia, the book's been translated into more than 65 languages! It's about a Spanish Shepard who goes on a journey towards his "personal legend." It's really allegorical and I am really enjoying it. A lot of words of wisdom in this fairly short book. The next book I move on to will most likely be non-fiction. Good to mix things up.


So, pirates? Really? Why do we have such a problem with pirates lately? Strange... I hope the Navy can get them under control.


So sad about that poor little girl in CA. I can't believe how any human being can commit such an awful crime. It literally makes me sick.


Plans for the Walk-a-thon are coming along nicely. Working on forming a steering committee... Should be good stuff! I hope we get a lot of participation!

No comments: