Wow, sometimes we get some............... uneducated folks into the museum. How do you spell flyer. WELL...
I have a rant to expel before I begin the routine drone. At church on Sunday, the house was packed. It really disappointed me. Let me explain: I do not like fair-weather "Christians". Why attend church only once or twice yearly? Who's benefiting from that? You certainly aren't! The bible speaks of being "luke-warm", and God is clearly against it. Not only do these FWC's show up, but they usually do not know how to act in church. Yes, we are accepting of everyone however, I think it's silly to pretend one or two days a year. That's what these people are doing. Pretending. The couple in front of me, and family ahead of them talked throughout the entire service. Now, they're infringing on MY spiritual growth. So, that really burned me. Christ loves all, whether they are church attenders or not. Some people choose not to worship corporately and still have beliefs - that's fine! But why participate only partially? If you're interested in being part of a church, become involved and engaged on a personal level. Don't remain a stranger who visits when they feel "they have to".
Anywho - my three goals for this week are: 1. to decrease my sugar intake greatly (ouch) 2. to finish my book, "The Teaching Gap". and 3. to get back into daily devotions!
Sugar is evil. I usually do a good job staying away but for some reason I've craved it lately and found myself drinking real soda and snacking on chocolate. No good!! It isn't so bad if I'm working out regularly but sheesh, I barely have time to sleep let alone go to the gym. So, cutting out sugar is the goal.
The book is pretty decent. It's basically a summary of a research analysis project that took place which compared Germany, Japan and United States. Guess who's lacking? THE US! Who would've guessed. What is evaluates, more than anything, is the teaching methods in place which produce the results in the different countries. The methodology differs greatly between the three countries..... a good read for anyone interested in education. Everyone should be interested in education, in my opinion. It may be over-stated but it's true: our children are the future. When I'm done with this analytical joy I will move onto a work of fiction as well as Plath's poems. I could read and re-read Plath forever... literally.
The week promises to be busy as ever. I will be watching "Sunshine Cleaning" tonight. I really hope I am not disappointed. I've been waiting for it's release into mainstream theaters for awhile. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I will have to check out sunshine cleaning! maybe i can download it.
Just for you (and a bit for me) I am going to cut down my sugar this week too! it's something we will do together even though we're apart! No sodas or ice cream or snacking on chocolate this week! we can do it! :D
also I REALLY agree with your views on luke warm Christians! I miss church SO much! It's nothing like what we have in the states! It's something I cannot wait to get to go back too when I get home!
loveyou and I missyoumuch!
Post a Comment