I swear these past couple of weeks that I must be in a time warp. It seems that no matter how late I seem to sleep in, I still clock in at work at exactly 8:00 AM. I do not see how this can possibly be. How can I continue to be on time when I'm running behind in all reality? Time warps are the only logical answer...This morning on the news I heard that hackers have been getting into and changing the electronic warning signs in highways. I know it's probably a National Security breech but it really cracks me up. They've been changing the sayings to things like, "Zombies Ahead" and "Watch out for Raptors". I can't help but giggle!!!!
So, on February 27 I'll be doing something I've been waiting well over a year to experience. I will be traveling with five other women to Villisca, Iowa to SPEND THE NIGHT at the Axe Murder House. While it boasts it's haunting via a cheesy sign out front, I'm more than convinced that spirits exist here. My first visit to the house was in late October of 2007. It was near Halloween , to add more mystique. My friend Cynthia had been assigned the story from our school magazine and it was our mission to find all the juicy details and retell the story of the old home and the family that once inhabited it.
We met a gentle older gentleman named Darwin at his Museum/Antique Shop. Villisca is a small, quiet town. I'm sure they get tired of this grotesque tour-attraction in their town. The tour began with us following Darwin in our vehicle. He took us to various landmarks around town, the first of which was the cemetery where the Moore family and house guests were buried. After driving by several locations (it's dreary and rainy, by the way), we found ourselves at a seemingly harmless old, white farm house. We got out of the vehicle and met with Darwin in the barn. He proceeded to tell us the story of J.B. Moore and share some insight into sightings/sensations at the house.
Then, it was time to enter the house. Naturally, I was a skeptic. I do believe in spirits but I didn't want to psyche myself out here... We found the house furnished the way a home would be in 1912 which is when the eight murders had occur ed. In the dimly lit living room area Darwin explained all the possible motives and suspects for such an evil crime. This monologue went on awhile... then he simply let us go "explore". It was a cold day, but certain areas in the house did seem colder than others. Particularly, the small crawlspace off the Moore bedroom upstairs gave me the CHILLS. I later found out that that was where the killer must have hidden. It was a complete adventure. I don't know why it is that we are obsessed with tragedy but Darwin sure is capitalizing on it.
That day, I vowed I would go back to take the lamp-lit tour and try my luck at staying overnight. When the opportunity presented itself to me about a month ago, there was no way I could resist! I will be prepared with lots of film, blankets, warm socks and lots of enthusiasm for encountering a ghost! It will truly be a once in a lifetime event. I'm so excited for this paranormal journey!!!
Skeptics, beware! I will be recounting the excitement right here on my blog - photos and all. Stay tuned for a ghost-report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mua ha ha ha ha...

1 comment:
I love your post! I am so excited about your visit there! I wish so badly I could go with you, but...I will be there with you..in spirit...Mu ha ha ha ha
Post a Comment