It's time to get the ball rolling on this whole school-shopping mission I'm on - yet again. I am confident that the third time is a charm here... I have applied to both Maryville University and University of Missouri - St. Louis. In January I plan on meeting with both schools and figuring out which one will better meet my needs. If neither of them seem to be a good fit, I will move on to Lindenwood University, I suppose. So far I've not had no luck in communicating with this school. For whatever reason, I don't feel like it's right. Only time will tell.
I am so lucky that Brian is going to be with me through all this stress of switching schools - AGAIN. It was a major pain when I transferred to Park. I'm really disappointed that Park has let me down. But, 6 more semesters? That's not possible in any way, shape, or form! I've got to get on with my life here! Brian has been an awesome source of support since I've known him and I know he will help keep me calm and at peace about finding the right school.
Most of my friends from school are graduating. I should be graduating in 2009, or at least student teaching. It's frustrating that I've fallen behind but I have come to the conclusion that what really matters here is the fact that I've continued on in spite of a few roadblocks. Working at UFDC has given me a chance to earn some money, and take a mini-vacation from the full-time student life. I've gotten my taste of secretarial life and I think I prefer the full-time student thing :) So, when I do decide what school is right for me and make the move, I will be fully committed to this degree thing. Every time I step into a classroom, I get so excited. A "ONE DAY THIS WILL ALL BE MINE" kind of feeling. There's only one way that is going to happen and the first step to that is finding a school!
So, for the next few weeks and months I will be researching my options and doing a whole lot of praying. I want to thank everyone for their continued support through all my trials. So - Status is two applications in. That's PROGRESS. Go me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm right there with you! Exactly! I want to go back to school and am researching ONLINE degrees, I think I found Dublin City University or there is also Schiller International but it is way to expensive. I'll be praying and hoping I can accepted to Dublin! You will be in my prayers of course!
By the way, I'm at barnesandnoble.com scoping out the books I'll be buying next month! :D
I was reading your blog again, checking for updates, and I wanted to remind you that I want to go to the Kansas City Public Library, the one that has the books on the outside (http://villageofjoy.com/50-strange-buildings-of-the-world/) It's number 6 on the list.
Big Hugs!
Post a Comment