

Ah, I had such a wonderful weekend! Friday evening was a wonderful night out with the UFDC girl's (and Matt and his fiance). We started at Better Cheddar on the plaza. If you have not been to this store, you must go. It's full of imported cheeses, wine, jams, and other goodies! I was in heaven! It reminded me, so much, of Donovan's grandfather! He was such a classy man and as a small child his house, specifically his pantry and kitchen, were a source of fascination. He had great taste in wine and cheese and he just ate interesting things. This was an experience. It made me want to learn more about wine and cheese and be a classy broad :0) Seriously, if you've not been, I'll take you! I purchased a nice applewood smoked gouda. After Better Cheddar we went to dinner at Capitol Grill which was unbelievable. I tried a new food: Carpaccio. Get this, in Japan they have these cows who they try to keep as calm as possible. These cows get a massage and a can of beer daily so that their meat stays tender. I know it sounds crazy but think about it, the beef in the US is stressed out to no end. I like this theory..anyway Carpaccio is this beef thinly sliced, seasoned and seared. OMG YUM! It was different though. I've never eaten straight up raw beef. Next, we went to the comedy club at Zona Rosa. Thankfully Sheryl didn't join us because she doesn't like comedy... It's a bit deceiving though because it's called the "Improv" theater. However, there was no improving to be had. That's all fine and good, but people need to get the name right! It was quite inappropriate as far a jokes go, but it was still a good time! As odd as it sounds, I love hanging out with my coworkers.
Saturday morning I fled (ha, not really fled but it sounds more dramatic this way)to STL where I enjoyed a wonderful, amazing 24 hours. It's amazing how much more I can love Brian after a 24 hour period. While the distance stinks, I really feel like the time we do spend together is more quality than if we saw eachother everyday. We definitely don't take eachother for granted! I'm in love with my best friend!
Last night the weather got wintery! I bet you miss this, Cynthia?! I'm just thankful to be in Kc and not Maryville. It was bitter and it was slick.
In other news, I'm the current hight-bidder on a pink blackberry curve on eBay. Crossing my fingers for this one. Brian got one and it's incredible.
I should probably do some work!
p.s. Anyone heard of the band, "Girl in a Choma"? Give it a listen...

1 comment:
Brian got a pink blackberry curve too? haha Joan is getting his Blackberry Bold tomorrow (company phone and present from the boss!) He is setting mine up with email though soon and hopefully internet so we can keep in touch! yay! I have not been to Better Cheddar but we WILL go when I see you! I love wine now, drink it almost everyday ( a glass at dinner) not a bottle! Distance does make the heart grow fonder...well not 10000 miles but KC-STL for sure.
Can you burn me their music? I have no way to do so, I've never heard of them!
Miss you and can't wait to see you in a month!
Post a Comment