
I have found a sleep aid that works for me. An over the counter one. This is great. Up to this point I couldn't use any of that stuff. It was ineffective. The anxiety has been pretty moderate to bad these past few days. It's unintentional. I try to pray it away. I'm sure it's just all these adjustments. It's natural.Unisom geltabs are now my best friend. "Non-habit forming", they say.
I sort of feel like I am living in a convent. The building's so old, there are all women here, the rules are so strict, we have an attached chapel. It's somewhat quaint and charming in a way. I mean, what sort of institutions run this way in this day and age? Visitation hours? It's kind of cute, I suppose. It certainly makes my job easier as an RA. Although the girls are still getting into plenty of trouble. I don't know what it is about girls and their catty behaviors. I was never like that. It's too complicated and unfulfilling and shallow. *sigh*
This building is so cool...doing my rounds I am finding secret little doors and staircases that go to "nowhere". It's fun to walk the quiet halls. There's something calming about it. Creaky. Unexplored. There's a rumor (of course) that this place is haunted, but I'm really not getting that vibe. I had an episode with a light in my room which I can't explain but, it's an old building so who knows, right?
My classes are getting off to a rousing (semi-stressful) start. I can't believe all the work it's going to entail. That's what I'm here for though, so it should be good. I'm thankful because most of these professors' philosophies on teaching match those at NW and I am comfortable and in agreement.
Finishing up Time Traveler's Wife. I hear the movie is nothing like the book (isn't it always this way?). The book is incredible. It will go on my favorites list for sure. It's an extrachronilogical love story and it's so beautiful, in a very unique way. I haven't been able to put it down. I've finished it in 6 days. I've had a lot of reading time on my hands with all the desk-duty I've had this week. If you read this blog, pray I will get some desk-sitters during my shifts so I don't have to sit at the front door.
Community bathrooms, loud passers-by at night, stomping, screaming, late-night food runs, open-door policy..... hello dorm life! 2 semesters left. I should live it up while I'm here... and that's my intention. I love this place.

1 comment:
I will pray for you! I love your stories about your new place! It does sounds like a perfect match for you! ENJOY these semesters, I so wish I was in your shoes at the moment! love you darling
Post a Comment