Friday, November 13, 2009

I just realized last night that I get both Cartoon Network and Animal Planet on the television here in the dorm. You have to be smarter than the remote though and punch in the numbers 7 and 22. It doesn't automatically find them. I can't imagine why they would want to censor those two channels out. Perhaps a connection to campus violence? ha

I take the Praxis exam tomorrow. If I pass (which I will) I will be a certified teacher - I'm pretty sure. It's exciting because this is what I've worked four years for. Well, more than four years to be accurate.

I got one of those "create your own tumbler" cups from Starbucks as a bday gift and excitely created an amazing collage featuring my bf, cat, family and best friends....couldn't get the damn template back into the mug. that's my project for the weekend i guess. christmas tree is going up tomorrow. i know i was protesting about the deco around here, but it's actually what i need right now. brian and i bought a tree together, picked out ornaments. we have started our first "family" tradition, right? For the past nine years I've set up the tree pretty much on my own. It is going to be amazing to share this with him.

This time of year is always an emotional time. I'm trying to cope with it. This year will be different. In a way, it may be easier. In the past with so much downtime to be at home, memories flooded me. This time of year is when I have a breakdown of epic porportions. Usually only this time of year does that happen. Throughout the year tears are sporatic, but it seems like during the holidays if the tears get going, they don't cease easily. I love that Brian and I are building a life together.

I'm reading an interesting book: Perfume - The Story of a Murderer by: Patrik Suskind. Very intriguing thus far.

No comments: